Thursday, March 18, 2010

wow..I needed that....

Soo... I work with alot of different kinda people at my job..surrounded by people that are completely like me and people that are completely opposite of me...people that have the same lifestlye as myself and people that dont....nobody is exactly alike and thats what makes everyone so great...well yesterday at work on my break..I ended being in the break room as the same time as this new guy..well lets just call him..."John"..and I like to try to make anyone feel welcome and engage into a conversation and plus who wants to have an awkward quiet lunch...but anywho..he ended up telling me that he not only worked at the place I work at but he also works another full time job during the morning..he said total he works about almost 100 hours a week..and on top of that he is a single father of 2 children...I couldnt get over it..I mean I usually barely work 45 hours and act like I am going to die...and this sweet little man works more than double what I work..I asked him why he worked so much  and he simply said with no hesitation or grumble or complaint..said that he had to do what he had to do and sweetly smiled...it basically took all I had not to cry and give him the biggest hug..it didnt bother him that he worked all the time and when he wasnt working it was just all about being with his children..first of all..what a great man..seriously!! Yesterdays conversation also made me realize...ALOT.. made me realize..that no I dont need that 50th coach purse or that new Marc Jacobs watch that I want ..made me realize even more than I know..that money means basically nothing..after this mans story it just made my eyes open up even more ...he works all the time bc he has to for him and his family..I work and complain about working sometimes...just to go spend it on something I dont need..I mean its my money that I do work for but wow..just makes me think..maybe next time I go shopping or feel like being impulsive..I should just step back and think...haha not saying that I wont buy something if I want it every now and then..but be a little less materialistic!! So thank you "John" for unknowingly knocking me back down to earth...you helped without even knowing to or meaning it........

1 comment:

  1. aww that is the sweetest story kristal! God bless that man - - he really puts things in perspective, huh?

    ReplyDelete